Monday, November 2, 2009

Ventura Flea Market "The end of another chapter in my life"

Anyone who knows me will tell you I have delt with a lot of changes in my life.  As a young wife and mom, I didn't always adjust well to change, but with prayer and God's help I now bounce back and go on.

Saturday, my friend and I cleaned out and closed our booth at an antique store. It was a little sad for me but a relief too as I hadn't had the time to put into it I should have. We took everything out to Ventura Flea Market on Sunday. It was a beautiful (hot) day and I had friends with booths on either side.


This is Gail from Victorian at Heart.

This is Cindy . She has her own design business, called JCee Designs. She had some great treasures, but I didn't get a good picture to show off  those.



A few pictures of my friend Ruth's and my booth. (didn't get a picture of her, she said it's just as well)The weather was unseasonably hot for being right next to the ocean and we were all feeling a little wilted.  The bed in photo above is a vintage1930-40's crib with the bedding made from 30's reproduction fabrics. I made the bedding several years ago for another vintage crib Gail had .

My good friend Suzanne from Notes from the Patch and her husband Bill stopped by to say hello.  She got the cutest necklace at the show made from a scrabble tile. Check out her blog.  A couple of other friends came by also that had purchased these necklaces. What a clever idea. Why can't I think of these things. I really intended to walk down to the booth to see what all the excitement was about, but it was just too dang hot to get myself motivated to move that much.

Anyway on to the next chapter. For several months now, I have wanted to spend more time on my love of sewing. All kinds of sewing: Home Decor, Quilting, Cute clothes and other things for my grandkids and quilting.  I also have for a long time wanted to start a childrens line of clothing made from Vintage Linens. This has been a secret dream of mine for some time and don't know when or if it will come about, but a girl can dream can't she.

6 comments:

Simple Home said...

It looks like you had a nice time. My sil lives in Ventura. I look forward to seeing some of your new sewing creations. Your grandkids looked so cute in their costumes, and your decorating is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Marcia

French Kissed said...

I wanted to come to the Ventura Flea but I was down in LA helping my sister celebrate her birthday. Looks like you had a fabulous time. Let me know if you go again and I will try to stop by and say hello.

~Jermaine~

Suzanne said...

It was good to see you all on Sunday. Sorry about the weather. Great for a day at the beach - not so great sitting in the sun next to a cement building on black top. We felt sorry for you. I know what you mean about chapters. As Bill and I walked through the swap I commented how all this old stuff had lost its luster for me. He agreed. We used to get up in the middle of the night to drive to Pasadena to hunt by flash light for wonderful treasures. Now those treasures seem more like junk to us.

It was fun to see some of your past sewing projects. A trip down Beverly's memory lane. Always perfect. I hope you'll persue your dream of a line of vintage sewn childrens clothes. You need to schedule a few hours each day to make that happen. After all these years of giving everything to others it's time for some quality time to do what you are so gifted at. Saying it out load is a good first step. Go for it!

And look at you with all those pictures in one post. Good job!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Beverly,
You should "create" your own line of childrens clothing or anything else you so desire. Follow your dream were ever it may lead, for you are the only one that can make the dream come alive.
I have always wanted to Spin my own yarn and have talked about it for years, well just a few weeks ago, my golden opportunity came along, a gal at work was selling her Spinning Wheel and so I purchased it and now I will "Spin". You make the most adorable and original childrens dresses out of pillow cases, I was amazed.
I think you could really have something here.
You are one very talented lady!
Have a great day and keep creating!
Elizabeth

Phyllis @Around the House said...

wow It looks like you all had a wonderful time, what a lot of beautiful things, it really gets my shopping grove on...I love all the dishes cause i like to do the Tablescape thursday. My sewing now consists of pillows..Love all the items you make, so talented..

vintagebejoyful said...

wish, I could have gone.....hope you will venture to Sacramento sometime, the flea is the the second sunday of every month......glad you liked the glitter confession!

Tracey
vintagebejoyful