Friday, January 29, 2010

Busy Week

It really has been a busy week around here. Not because I got my house put back together after Christmas decorations were stored. I don't know what happened there, but I really need to focus in on that next week. I have been busy sewing and I did get my table set for Valentines and my Candy Counter (that's what my grandkids call the counter where I put my Candy Jars)decorated. I'll show those next week. Back to the sewing. I was honored to be asked to make some models for my favorite Quilt Store here in Bakersfield. I have mentioned it before. Strawberry Patches is just the quilters dream store. Not just quilters, but anyone who sews or loves beautiful fabric, one of a kind trims and patterns, sewing machines, and they have classes too.  Can you tell I love going there.

This is a little girls top. They pick out the fabrics and pattern, so I just have to make it.
This is a real twirly top. I can just picture a little girl spinning around in it.


These are little boys shorts with lots and lots of pockets. You know how little boys love their pockets.

These are the patterns they were made from and if you would like to visit Strawberry Patches website they have these and many more and more fabric than you can imagine to choose from.

Soon I will have some very exciting news to share.  Possibly Sunday if I can get back here to post.

5 comments:

Kara Haushalter said...

Hi, This is Kara. I work at SP and I love your blog. Just wanted to tell you that your store models are so lovely! I love the little boy shorts...having two little guys myself, I love seeing things made for boys!

AND, I love your new little purse pattern. So cute!

Suzanne said...

Oops. I think Kara may have spilled the beans!

Okay, ladies can we talk? Beverly is seriously THE MOST TALENTED SEAMSTRESS! I am the lucky recipient of these beautiful models (aren't I the lucky one)!

Looking forward to your "big news" and I want to see your candy counter...please!

Suzanne said...

Sorry to contact you here but all emails to you are bouncing back. Call me at the store after 8 please!

Simple Home said...

These turned out so nice Beverly. You've been busy this week. I can't wait to see the candy counter and hear your news!
Blessings,
Marcia

Michelle said...

I really admire your sewing talent. I do not have the patience for it. Your work is truly wonderful. Can't wait to see the candy counter.