Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not Just a Place to Eat


                                          
While on the way home from Puducah and the Quilt Museum, we stopped to eat dinner at Patti's 1890's Settlement. It had come highly recommended by a friend of Amber's.
We found it in Grand Rivers, KY. It was about 10 miles outside of Puducah.
The food was wonderful and way too much of it. We had the cutest waiter who flirted with Amber and gave her directions and drew a picture on a napkin of how to make moonshine. It seems that Grand Pond near there was the big moonshine production area during proabition. He even told us that Al Capone made his there...not sure how true, but made for a fun conversation.

There were many small dining rooms and each was decorated with different colors. Lots of twinkle lights, plants, flowers and....yes, quilts. The ones I'll show you were all hanging from the ceiling or arranged high on a wall.






After dinner and before starting the long ride home, we all needed to use the "Restroom"
Well, that's what it said on the door...


As we left, we walked across this little bridge where a creek ran,

and watched the water wheel.

There were lots of little trails full of plants and flowers, winding creeks, waterfalls, and other buildings. There was a coffee place and a bakery, a sandwich shop, and another restaurant. We concluded that was why it was called a settlement. But you sure would not know what was back there from the street.  We found a treasure in Patti's.


9 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Wow what a surprise! A surprise at every turn!

Jane said...

That looks like a great place. I love the quilts hanging on the ceiling. And it definitely looks like the owners have a wonderful sense of humor with the indian in the tub!
Jane

Gigi's Thimble said...

Looks like a really fun place Beverly! I love those quilts, especially the one in the bathroom and the Grandmother's Flower Garden. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You're always so sweet!

Judy Good said...

Beverly, what a great job you have done with the KY trip adventures. I love getting on your blog every day. My co-worker is checking it out as we speak. LOL Love you Your favorite cousin

Dogmom Diva said...

Beverly, what a great place! If I had walked in the restroom and seen that Indian in the tub, I probably would have passed out!!!

Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing!

hugs
Barb

Simple Home said...

That looks like a wonderful place to visit, even if you didn't get anything to eat! I loved seeing the way they displayed those beautiful quilts. The Indian in the bathroom was too funny.
Blessings,
Marcia

Linda said...

What a great place to stop by...I love to have adventures like that!

Anonymous said...

Looks like your kind of place. Maybe you need to take your girlfriend gadabouts with you next time. lol I know you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Beverly, thanks for stopping by..I tell ya sometimes I just fly by the seat of my pants with my blogging..whatever comes out, comes out!
Have a great weekend and we are also having slightly below normal temps so far, although supposed to warm this next week. I will take it and I know how hot it is where you are!

Blessings and hugs!
Barb