Monday, October 11, 2010

Early To Rise

 On Saturday morning as I left my house and started on my way to Pioneer Museum, I saw the sun coming up in the distance.
I just can't miss a photo op and this is one time I was glad to have a point and shoot camera.
I'm sure the people around me were concerned with me taking pictures and asking themselves....why?
But I really was carefull and driving slow.  These are taken through my windshield with one hand.

I was at a stoplight and took this one up close to the windshield, so think that is why it is dark. Don't know, but it is different than the others.

 
On to the Peddlers Faire where we sat up our tables.  I didn't take my collectibles this time, but instead took some of the things I make.


This is Ruth's table. She makes neckaces from Scrabble tiles


Sandi makes necklaces from Typewriter keys. She also has some earrings and bracelets and necklaces from layered Mother of Pearl  buttons.

These little hats are Sandi's too.
Look at the little baby at the back of the table.
That is Gail's.  Isn't that just the cutest thing?
The cute little model to the left of the table is Sandi's grandaughter, Megan.

Gail's display


Here's Cindi's table. Half of her's is automotive tools and things from her Dad's garage.
That far corner was a hot spot for men (and suprisingly, some women) There were people standing there most of the time.
She really had it priced low and sold lots.


This little guy found his treasure. This is my grandson, Jack.
He is so proud to be the owner of this welders mask, with a flip up glass.



We all did pretty well on Saturday, with Sandi being the "winner" for the weekend.
Sunday was a little slower, which is the norm.  The weather was perfect  and we enjoyed sitting
around talking and getting to see old friends.


P.S
After I proof read this morning, I wanted to remind you that if you click on the pictures to enlarge them you can see more detail. (Most of you know that, I'm sure)
My closeups were blurry. Probably due to the bright morning sun and my little "point and shoot"


 

8 comments:

Jane said...

Looks like a great event. Everyone's displays looked wonderful. Glad to read it was a success.
Jane

Suzanne said...

Yeah, early to rise, but I doubt that you were early to bed. I know you way too well.

Your tables looks great - it looks like you had a compound there - everyone together. Jack is so cute in his goggles. Isn't it funny what attracts them? I'll bet you're tired. These things are such hard work! Village Artisans has one at the end of the month, you guys should do that one too.

Susy said...

Wow. Looks like a great Faire. So glad you had good sales and a good time. I saw some things I would like to have, like that giant metal wheel in the background. Blessings. xo

Sewn With Grace said...

Ohhhhh, that looks like so much fun! Lots of great treasures to be found!

Michelle said...

Really nice displays! Some talented ladies for sure. I have to say I am partial to those typewriter key creations.

Simple Home said...

It sounds like you had a good time, and looks like a perfect weekend for this. I'm so glad everyone did well!
Blessings,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

The most fun last weekend was being together for two days. The setting at the museum just gets you in the nostalgic mood. Jack's welding mask was so cute. Now he can help his Dad weld. Those guys have to stick together with six women in the house. You do such nice work and your creations are beautiful. Good luck on your next shows.

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Beverly, had a nice post here and lost it...what fun for you to get together with your sweet friends for a couple days and what talent all of you have...Jack is adorable! Next year Carl and I will need to make a field trip to that Faire!
Hugs
Barb