Saturday, July 16, 2011

Birthday Boy

Cade is 7 
Our three boys are redheads. Out of 10 grandkids we only got one redhead.
The next generation had better watch out.
10 boys grabbed their hot dogs and headed for the shade of the trampoline.
This is the greatest age.
Cousin Jack getting ready to play the first game
My DIL, Lialani is the best at thinking of and organizing kids games. She did "Minute to Win It" games from the tv show. This was called "Junk in the Trunk" and you had to bounce 6 ping pong balls out of the box behind your back. I laughed soooo hard, I nearly...well you know.
Some serious basketball competition.
Lots more games and a balloon toss and then back in the pool. That's the way to wear out 10 little boys
(and 3 girls) Sister Kobi had to have some company too.
Mamaw and Papaw got to sit in the shade and just enjoy.

I was blessed with a car trip back home with just Jack. I told him we had to stop at my favorite fabric store on the way home and he asked what a fabric was, so I simply said, my favorite sewing store.
He knows what sewing is...after all, his Mamaw does that all the time.

When we got there he asked what the store was called. I told him Strawberry Patches.
Being 5, his answer was, "You mean they sew Strawberries here?"
I laughed again until I nearly...well, you know.

I feel so good right now. Laughter is the best medicene. I truly do believe that.
We were in Riverside for 2 weeks this time and my heart was so homesick for all the grands.
Thank you Lord for the laughter today.

God is So Good!!
Life is So Good!!

PS
Sunday night before we head back to Riverside I will post my looooong tutorial for the lampshade I made last week.  It was so much faster to load all those pictures from my home computer and I will finish writing the instructions tonight.
I wish I knew how to do it as a PDF file, but if you remember when I started blogging, I didn't know how to add more than one picture at a time.


8 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

10 little boys! Wow oh wow! Looks like everyone had tons of fun. I love the innocence of young children and the sincerity with which they ask questions and respond to situations. So sweet! Have a beautiful day. Tammy

Dogmom Diva said...

Oh goodness, that is a pile of beautiful little boys, Beverly..You and Mr. SS are so blessed but you know that:)

Glad you are having a fun weekend with the family and I know exactly what you mean about laughing until you almost you know what!

hugs and love,
Barb

Michelle said...

What cute little guys! LOVE the junk in the trunk game. Too funny.

Jane said...

You could tell the boys were having a great time! Happy Birthday to your grandson....love his smile!!
Jane

Lemon Lane Studio said...

What perfect medicine for homesickness. It looks like they all had fun in the sun. I haven't laughed until I almost...you know...in a very long time. I think I better do something about that soon. ;) Pa

Lemon Lane Studio said...

I don't know what happened to the end of my name but that last comment was not from Pa...
Have a safe drive sweet friend. Patty

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

OMG he is so sweet! Happy 7th Birthday Cade!!!! What a great fun party.. I LOVE the party under the trampoline..I am still laughing over the Junk in the Trunk game.. What a fun time! You are very blessed!
Mechelle

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

What fun!!! I miss my boys being that small and their birthday parties. Cade is adorable.

My mother thinks that red headed little boys are the cutest. She never fails to notice and they always makes her smile.

There is nothing like a good hard laugh. It makes me feel so good.
Hugs, Sue