Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pinterest Try Thursday


I'm a little late getting this post up, but the rain storm put my Internet out of service all day yesterday.
Today I am showing a couple of Pinterest tries that I promised a couple of weeks ago.

Even though I am 5'5", (at least I still claim that height) I have my Mom's legs and she was only 5'2'.
So, every pair of pants I buy (even if they are marked "short") have to be hemmed. Since I found this method on Pinterest, it has not been such a pain to shorten jeans.

You can go to this blog and follow very good instructions...I know...it works and is SEW EASY
http://refashionmama.wordpress.com/2011/12/17/alteration-my-new-favorite-way-to-keep-original-hem-on-jeans/

Since I have been on Weight Watchers, I have gone down two sizes in jeans and finally bought two pair in my new size to get by until summer and capri and shorts weather.
They, of course were way too long. By following Refashionmamas easy instructions, I very quickly shortened my two new pair of jeans.  I didn't cut off the extra as I liked the neat appearance even though it only shows on the inside.
You can see the original stitching on the out side on both pairs.
Heres a close up.
Pretty cool, huh? No more broken needles trying to sew through the thickness of  double flat feld jeans seams.
If you hate hemming jeans, go to Refashionmama's blog and try this.



Maybe you have noticed that I haven't mentioned too much about my progress on my Weight Watchers journey, except to share a recipe or meal when I am eating out.
I was afraid to jinx my progress and didn't want to brag until I knew I was going to stick with it.
Well, I am finally ready to share, that I have lost 30 lbs. (well, almost). I still have a long way to go and some days I struggle, but for the most part  it has been an easy journey and I know for a fact what the reason is.
I have always thought since it was my own fault, I needed to diet that I needed to do it by my self. I
didn't feel me and my weight problem would be important enough to ask for help. Sometime last October, I heard or read something in a bible study "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore, that made me think THIS time, I needed to ask God's help...and I did. Everyday, I start and end my day with prayer and praise for His help.

Okay...so a recipe, that is a regular on our table now.
It is a Weight Watchers recipe and the nutritional information along with the recipe is on the link I am giving you. Mr. SS and my family love it and I have shared it with friends that cook it often now, not for it's Weight Watchers qualities, but because it is nutritious and tastes so dang yummy.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html

I put 4 chicken breasts and Rotelle (doesn't Rotelle just make everything taste better) in the crockpot.
Warning Rotelle can be a little spicey. I use the mild...but use the original or Hot at your own risk.

Check the link for the amounts of spices and add a chopped onion, chicken broth, corn and black beans.

I love Cilantro, so I'm always generous with that. You can adjust according to your taste.

Don't you just love crock pot meals. Just throw it all together in the morning and it smells so good in the house all day.

I served it over white or brown rice the first night and then we love the left overs made into burritos.
Last week, I had a couple portions in zip locks in the freezer and I threw it into the WW Tortilla soup recipe I gave you a while ago.


One last thing...today was Bernina club at Strawberry Patches. It's always such a fun morning seeing old friends and getting inspired by all the projects others have been working on. Today each of us had one of these on the table.

and we got to do a make and take tissue holder.
She also served the cutest little canning jars with Cheesecake in them.
and linked her post to my Pinterest Try Thursday  today.
We all felt so pampered.

So be sure to visit Notes from the Patch and see her Pinterest tries.
(Her pictures are much better than mine)

Don't forget to come here and tell me if you have tried something from Pinterest and posted about it so I can link to you.


God is Good!!
Life is Good!!

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you were able to attend Bernina Club today - it's always more fun when you're there! Your crock pot recipe looks yummy, I'll have to try it since it's everything Bill loves and you're right, there is nothing better than going off to work knowing your dinner is cooking while you're away.

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Beverly, I did not know you were on weight watchers..I am on the verge of starting..I am afraid of failing. But I got on the scale the other day and it literally scared the poo out of me..Enough is Enough. Thank you for the recipe and I will take any other recipes you have!! I tried the Online WW a couple years ago and still have all that information and books, etc..so going to get it out today and see if I can't jump sstart myself a bit before I go to a meeting..I need to get down too a lower weight to help me play and take care of Gracie and Jack when I see them, I get too winded and I know my weight is holding me back:( Great post!
hugs and love,
Barb

luvtoquilt said...

What a wealth of information! I, too, find myself shortening jeans. Can't wait to try this new method. And the recipe sounds delicious -- everything I like! Enjoyed seeing you at BC, as always -- you inspire me in so many ways!

Nancy B said...

Hi, Beverly. I was so looking forward to B-club this month, but came down with an awful cold. Looks like that was a fun one! Thanks for the link to the hemming lesson. I'll look into that. And the recipe looks great, too. Congratulations on your successful weight loss and for sharing how you did it!

Happy Sewing!
Nancy

Annelies said...

SOOOOOO proud of you!!!! Best you wear a Name tag when next we meet.....not sure I will recognize you (G)!!!!! XXXX

Denise said...

Hello Beverly, I just want to congratulate you on your weight loss and your courage to seek help, both from above and with Weight Watchers. I am a WW member and, for the last 2 years, a Leader. I love my job, not only because it keeps my head in the game, but also because of the pure inspiration I get from fellow members in our meetings. Keep walking through the door every week. Often, that's the very hardest part, but it is also the key to your success. You can do it! Also, thanks for the link...looks sooooo yummy and love that it's a crock pot prep! Denise

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Beverly!
I'm so happy you have made such progress with Weight Watchers. That's a really neat trick you shared about hemming pants. And just so you know, I love you whatever pant size you wear because you are a beautiful person on the inside and outside. You are one of the sweetest people on this earth. I say this not because you are my aunt, but because it is true. I love you. Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Anonymous

PamKittyMorning said...

I wish my little family liked something like that, it looks delish! Congrats on the weight loss! I know how hard that is! Wish I was in drop-in distance to Strawberry patches. Suzanne is thre greatest!