Sunday, December 28, 2014

Let it Snow!!





Just kidding. As beautiful as snow is, I am thankful for the California sunshine we have experienced the last few days. There is a chill in the air and early morning frost, and that's about as cold as I want to be.

But, I needed an excuse to show you my little snowman display. I decorated my house from top to bottom for Christmas, much as I did my last house and I posted that in December of 2009. Of course this house is smaller so not all of my decorations got put out.

Mr. SS made the mistake of asking me if I was able to put all of my decorations up that I wanted to. Well, all but my little snowman collection, I told him. He didn't recall where it was in our other house, so I showed him this:
He had built this niche in the entry way.
He just kinda smiled and said he wasn't ready to add one of those yet, but would a shelf do.
Of course it would.
So off we went to Home Depot and got the supplies for this.(Actually got enough to do one in the kitchen too, but will show you that another time)
Within a few hours he had it painted and on the wall of our entry.
Yes, I know I am a spoiled brat. I am so blessed with a hubby who really gets me.
The next morning I decorated it. We have a pretty big entry so that shelf just looked lonely. I added some other decorations and pushed my wicker bench over there to make a cozy little corner. (In case you are wondering, the front door still opens.)
The last few days, I have been feeling rather lazy and chilly and have enjoyed throwing my quilt over me and hand quilting. Mr. SS has a football marathon going on today of 3 back to back games. I have sat with him and quilted so when he asks if I saw that play...well of course I  did, honey.



5 comments:

Sandra said...

You are loved and pampered by a sweet husband. I love the niche that he built for me in my front entry!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Ha-ha! Cute! Your hubby is a keeper. So sweet of him to make sure you had a place for your snowmen. I love the cozy corner you created. My son is visiting a friend in San Diego right now and says CA definitely has no winter -- of course, he is there from cold, cold, cold Colorado. And will be here in a week where we are having very mild temps. Happy holidays! Tammy

primrosesattic said...

Such a good hubby. Your shelf looks great.
Rosezeeta

Nancy B said...

Hi, Beverly. Looks like you had a wonderful time with all your family. Sorry two of the kiddos were sick. Hope they are better now. Your decorations are lovely. I've been waiting for years for a mantle and you got your pretty shelf in a day!
Way to go, Dennis!

Happy New Year!
Nancy

Creations By Cindy said...

Looks like Christmas! Happy New Year! Hugs and blessings, Cindy