Sunday, October 25, 2009

This is Brooke, the youngest of my 10 grandchildren. I have made dedication dresses for 4 of the girls. One of my passions is making things from vintage linens, so I made this for her from two vintage cutwork pillowcases. I usually won't cut into anything that is in good condition, and these had some stains that I could work around. Even the panties were made from the pillow cases. The sleeves were cut to make use of the edging as was the skirt. I had to line it with another fabric to back the "cutwork" openings. She never stands still for long, so to give you a better look at the detail of the cutwork, I included the next two pictures. Now remember, I am not a photographer.....yet.






5 comments:

Marcia said...

Oh Beverly, that little dress is beautiful. When you click on the photo you get a bigger picture, and it really shows all the cutwork. You did a wonderful job.
Blessings,
Marcia

French Kissed said...

How beautiful and precious...the dress and especially your sweet little Brooke.

~Jermaine~

Ticking and Toile said...

Hi Beverly,

That dress is so precious (& the child too of course :-) )! What a wonderful idea & such a neat way to use vintage cloth! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & the nice comment. It's so great to meet new bloggy friends!

Shellagh

P.S. Your grandaughter is absolutely adorable.....

Gary and Elizabeth~ said...

Hi Beverly,
Thank you so much for visiting at "Home is Where the Heart is". Its wonderful to meet you.
You are a girl after my own heart! I love, love the dress you made for your little granddaughter. You are so creative and talented, my goodness I would have never thought to use the pillow case as fabric for the dress, it does make a lot of sense though, the gathering of the dress is just lovely!.
I also read your post on the barn, I love the quilt painted on the barn its so "country". Have you ever visited Cathy at Cobble Stone Farms, she lives on a farm and has a quilt painted on her barn too.
I have become a follower.
Take care and enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

vintagebejoyful said...

Thanks so much! I will enter you once again to win! this was a sweet post, thanks for continuing to follow me, I sure do appreicate all the kind comments!

Tracey