Friday, March 12, 2010

Where's the Sunshine?

Last Friday, I visited my favorite Quilt store Strawberry Patches to purchase "Polka Dots" for six  seven (next post subject) Easter dresses. The owner Suzannne is a self confessed polkadotaholic. I had (I counted them) over 30 to choose from. No wonder it took me over 2 hours.
Didn't I do good to choose only 6?
  The white is eyelet that I had for the little jacket. My girls range from age 13 to newborn (Watch for next post)
I brought them home like this and plopped them down on the rock to take pictures.
Due to the gloomy weather we have had, it took me 2 days to get enough sun for pictures.
My Freesia had just started blooming and I wanted to post pictures because sadly they will be gone by Easter when I will post all my front yard pictures.
I know my neighbors think I am crazy.  I really got my exercise in getting these shots.  I am back in my sewing room, I see the sun peek out from the clouds, I grab my basket and camera and run the length of the house, plop the basket down again and the sun goes under a cloud. It was supposed to rain and did later, so I couldn't leave the basket. I can't even count the times I did this before I got what I thought would be enough pictures.
Boy, this blogging thing has really changed my perspective on things.

Okay, I can wait no longer....I am going to reveal the suprise for the next post.
My #10 grandbaby was born Sunday morning at 12:34am.  So.....I finally have permission from my DIL to post pictures of the baby and her family, so stay tuned....next post.... Baby Emmy.

11 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Congrats on the family addition!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful and sunny photos with us.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Hugs, Sharon

Michelle said...

A new grandbaby....how wonderful!!! Love your pictures and can't wait to see your creations and the new baby!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Your flowers are so pretty, I sure wish I could grow some like that, I am afraid, I just don't do well at that but I am gonna try again, yours are stunning...Phyllis love the fabric and the cute rabbit...

Simple Home said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! I'm looking forward to seeing the picture. Your flowers looks so pretty and so does that polka dot fabric. You're one busy lady. The girls are going to love their dresses.
Blessings,
Marcia

Pam said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby. All the girls will look beautiful in their polka dot dresses. Happy sewing.

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Beverly, happy Saturday..Congratulations on sweet baby Emmy! Oh your flowers are stunning my friend..and to have your talent for sewing and decorating..
PS those dresses would probably never have fit me, but they are fun to look at!
Have a blessed week!
hugs,
Barb

Janean said...

we grammas HAVE to sing it to the world when we're blessed with a new grand...it's just IN us! congrats X 10! yay!!!

oh yes, i'm a polka-dot fan too!

Sewn With Grace said...

Oh my word, a new baby, flowers and polka dot fabric! It doesn't get much better than that!

Nancy Yoakum said...

Looks like happy days are ahead! Congratulations on the newest addition to your family! Might need to buy some more fabric to count her in! Love polka dots, so happy, so spring! Your fresias are beautiful!

Warmly,
Nancy

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Congratulations on the new grand baby...wow #10! Those polka dot fabrics are sew pretty!

Diane Mars said...

Congratulations on the New Baby I have 5 Grandbabies, and I am loving every bit of it! Enjoy your sunshine, be sure to stop by and say hi sometime. Hugs, Diane