Monday, January 24, 2011

Following the Sun

A lazy afternoon enjoying warm sunshine.
We got to leave the foggy city for the weekend to visit our neighbors  friends in Grover Beach.
Mr. SS golfed, but this is where I spent Saturday afternoon...reading my Kindle, quilting and napping.
A quick visit to the Farmers Market, a lovely, restful visit with friends and way too much good food.
Then, Sunday back to the fog and cold.

Mr. SS left for Long Beach this morning and tomorrow, I am packing up my capris and sandels along with my sewing machine and joining him for a few days. Tonight he said it is warm and sunny. Mmmm...can't wait.
God knew what he was doing making us "mobil". It is a good God thing.

Wishing you all some sunshine.


God is Good!
Life is Good!




9 comments:

Suzanne said...

I know. Don't you wish you could just bottle up that sunshine and bring it home to share? Right now I get my sunshine from nice ladies who brighten my days. Enjoy LB and a little warm sunshine

Linda said...

I hope it is sunny in Long Beach...it has been sunny here for the last 2 weeks or so...enjoy your time away!

Nancy B said...

Beverly, you and I share a bit of history. I have visited Long Beach since I was an infant. My aunt lived on Market Street off Long Beach Blvd.
I also lived at 25th and Cedar from 1962 -64. My first child was born at L.B. Memorial Hosp. Such happy memories! Enjoy the sunshine!
Fondly,
Nancy

Farmchick said...

Enjoy that sunshine! Glad to see you like your Kindle. I received one for Christmas and am enjoying it very much.

Susy said...

Long Beach awaits you!, Maybe we can have that cup of tea (:

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Beverly, hope you arrived in LB ok, we drove into San Dimas today and it was nice and warm!

Enjoy your visit!

hugs
Barb

Patty@sewingseeds said...

It has been wonderful weather and it's supposed to hold up this way for at least a few more days. Enjoy...I went into Bakersfield last week in short sleeves with no jacket thinking it would be in the high 70's like here but it was a chilly 55....and foggy! btw...the dresses from a few posts ago are adorable.

Sewn With Grace said...

Can't wait to see what you're working on, it looks so pretty!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I hope you had a nice time in Long Beach and enjoyed that warm beach weather. I guess you've had that Tule fog at home. I'd love to see that quilt when your done with it!
Blessings,
Marcia