Thursday, July 21, 2011

What's On My Cutting Table and a Winner

       This packing up every Sunday to leave my home to come to my other home must be getting to me. Normally I am pretty organized, but this time I blew it.
I brought lots of sewing projects, some of my own and three great models for Strawberry Patches.
Out of six projects (I always have great expectations for my time) I only brought all the supplies for one.

This is what the scraps look like from each of the Girle Girl bags I make. Some I have tossed, but recently I found a way to use these. This is the only project I finished, but it's a Christmas present so I am saving it for a post forRenee's Sewing Christmas in August. Click the button on my sidebar to see how much fun that is.

This is the cutest coat and this corduroy is so soft and sweet. A model.
Need Serger, Covered buttons, Interfacing, thread.

This little dress has pleats in the front. The cutest Pirate fabric. I have never seen Pirate fabric before, and I am sure it will be cute. After all...I trust my friend Suzanne 's sence of style.
Need Serger, Thread, Interfacing, cording.

A very stylish clutch with ruffle and vintage looking pin. Another model for Strawberry Patches.
Need large snap. Not much I know, but it has to be put in before purse can be put together..

This pretty Red Rose Farm fabric I bought long ago when I saw it on one of my favorite blogs.  Didn't know what I was going to make, but I finally put together an idea for a new little girls bag,
I don't have a pattern, as I am making it up as I go along. Need an iron on fleese, buttons and a lot of  imagination for this one.

This group is for Girle Girl bags and with that new premade grosgrain ruffle formStrawberry Patches I think they (6 of them) will be really cute.
Need Decor bond, buttons, and D rings.

Well, I got all of these thing cut out and ready to sew.  I am not as fond of the cutting out part as I am of the sewing part, so I'm kinda glad I was forced to get them cut out all at once.



NOW...Drum roll please.  Two very sweet ladies blogged about my tutorial.  Thanks to both of you for your sweet words.
I put those names in a hat and Mr. SS drew one.
The winner is:
Elizabeth  @ Home Is Where the Heart Is.  Click on her name or her button on my sidebar and visit this talented, sweet lady.  Elizabeth, please e-mail with your address, so I can mail you the watermelon coasters and basket.
Since there was only two, I'm thinking the other sweet lady is going to get a little something too.


Next week, I get to bring two of the grandkids, Kobi and Cade for the week. Gee, hope I remember to pack them.  This week wasn't a total loss after all. We played lots of Scrabble and I hate to admit it, but Mr. SS is getting pretty good.  Me, I'm still stuck on those 4 letter words.




God is Good!!
Life is Good!!


6 comments:

Barb B. said...

Hi Beverly, congrats to Elizabeth! And I give you a ton of credit for remembering to bring WHAT you did bring, can't wait to see those projects done...and I agree, packing is a pain..I always forget something..I bring too much of one thing, and forget what I really need..
have a beautiful weekend! hugs and love
Barb

Suzanne said...

Well I take the blame for all of those missing supplies (except for the serger). Actually I thought about the buttons and interfacings and just got so busy and let it slip by. Note to self: I you want your models, better send all the stuff to make them). Sorry Beverly. I'll do better next time!

I was curious about what you'd think about my pirate dress. It's a bit out there but I think it will be darling. Kara egged me on! We can blame her if it's not. Annette was going to use our new scotty dog fabric. Can't wait to see it.

Have a good weekend and week with your kiddos.

Linda said...

I dislike the cutting out too...the fabrics are all so wonderful...I think the pirate dress sounds darling! Can't wait to see them all!

Unknown said...

I see some beautiful creations coming from those gorgeous fabrics, Beverly.

Congrats to that lucky winning gal.

Happy PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

That is so funny.. You sound like me packing, lol.. As I got on vacation, sure I had remembered everything, until I went to take a shower and realized I left "my" shampoo, soap, razor, and hair dryer at home :( Not a pretty site all week, lol.. But we had fun.. I bet your grandkids will love hanging out with you.. Can't wait to see the bags you are making, I'm sure I will LOVe them too! Have a great night!
Mechelle

Sewn With Grace said...

I always love to see what you are working on. I'm forgetting more and more all the time. Thanks for mentioning "Sewing Christmas" I need to get busy on that myself! Blessings!