Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Human Puppy Chow

Don't laugh!! That's really what it's called. It looks like the little square powdery food you feed puppys.
But make no mistake...it doesn't taste anything like it's name.
My challenge when I make this. "I bet you can't eat just one"
It is by far the easiest, fastest treat you can make this Christmas.
15min. tops and you have 9 cups of this
yumminess.
Here's how you make it. Come on you know you want to.
1.  In a large sauce pan, melt together
1/2 cut butter
2 cups chocolate chips
1/3 cup peanut butter
Stir and blend together.
2.  In a large bowl measure 9 cups of rice or corn chex( That's almost a full large box.)
3. Pour chocolate mixture over chex and fold until chex is evenly covered.
4.  Put 4 cups powdered sugar in large bag
5. Add chex mixture and shake until all the chex are covered.
Store in airtight container or zip locks (If you have any left to store)
Great for gifting too (If you have any left to gift)
ENJOY!


I have only  put out a few Christmas decorations. Just thought I would share this little Gingerbread house with you. It's small and fit on my small kitchen island.  Wish I would have thought to put something on my cake plate.
It's a Dept. 56 house from the North Pole series. I bought a piece every year for several years for my son and his family. One year I bought two of these by accident. I guess I really liked it.
My collection of Dept. 56 is the Original Snow Village, but I don't have room to put it up anymore. So I will just enjoy this one this year.



Mr. SS is still working in Rialto, but I stayed home to finish some sewing, wrap presents and do some baking. Three of the girls are coming over tomorrow after school to make fudge.
I'll take some pictures to show you that fun.
Hope you are enjoying these last few days before Christmas as I am.


God is Good!!
Life is Good!!

6 comments:

Diane Mars said...

That really sounds like a treat I would enjoy! Thanks for sharing Merry Christmas ox

Anonymous said...

I'm trying my best to avoid sugary treats so I won't tempt myself with the Puppy Chow but your sweet decorations make me wish I'd gotten out my village this year! Love the polka dot plates too! Have fun making fudge with the girls.

Sewn With Grace said...

So thankful to have the puppy chow recipe! My friend makes it every year and I didn't see her this year before Christmas. So happy to make my own. Have a very Merry Christmas Beverly!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Dear Beverly,
I was stopping by to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Thank you so much for your visits...I have enjoyed my visits with you very much.
My Dad was ill again and just came home from the hospital so I have not been blogging much. I hope to catch up soon.
May the New Year bring you lots of blessings and all the things your dreaming of.
Big hugs, Elizabeth

My Vintage Studio said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
Hugs, Sharon

luvtoquilt said...

Thanks for the Puppy Chow recipe -- perfect to bring to a New Year's gathering coming up. My little granddaughters are on their way -- best Christmas gift ever! Merry Christmas, Beverly! I have enjoyed visiting you in blogland and look forward to the day we finally meet in person!