It has been almost 2 weeks since I have posted. I just don't know where time goes.
My Mom used to tell me the older you get, the faster time flies.
I've always heard "Time flies when you're having fun"
Well...I must be really old and having a ton of fun.
Guess the having fun part is a good thing, but the getting old part...not so good.
I've been reading all over blogland about choosing a word for the year. I see lists of resolutions, and lists of things to do in the new year.
I just haven't been able to get my mind around any particular word. and I haven't made resolutions for a long time.
I always have a list of things to do. I make a list every night for the next day, but nothing world stopping, just my normal chores, and a few things I hope to accomplish. I love checking things off a list.
I did think of a few things today and wrote them down so I can check them off as the year flies by.
On the top of my list this year will be to be in God's Word more. So # 1-3 have to do with that.
1. Continue to read my Bible in a year (I started in April last year, so I have a ways to go)
2. Do my daily devotions from a book called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.( My friend Gail recommened this.)
3. Keep a daily prayer journal. I haven't done this for several years and I think it will help me to remember to pray for those who I promise to pray for. I also like looking back at the end of the year and seeing all the answered prayers.
I am an early riser, so those three I do first thing in the morning with my morning coffee when all is quiet.
4. Then there is the usual of spending more time with Mr. SS. and with the grandkids, of course.
5. Learn something new. I want to learn to machine quilt. Oh, I can stitch in the ditch and outline quilt, but I think I want to take a class. I am still hand quilting a quilt I started last January. If all my grands are going to get a quilt before I die, I've got to do something different.
6. Even though I no longer have a large house to decorate, I still love the process and hope to make a few changes to my
RV small cottage.
7. Get serious about my Etsy store. I finally got it opened and put in a few things (even had 1 sale), but I really need to put in the effort to make it work.
8. This is just a pipe dream right now, but thought I would add it to my list. Some of my friends have said I could write a book about our experiences during the 6 years we lived in the mountains when our boys were young. I'm not a writer, but I would like to get some of that written down while I still have a memory.
I think I will stop here. I don't want to get overwhelmed. I have never been a goal oriented type person, and these are by no means resolutions. Just wanted to write some things down. At my age, if I don't write it down, I may forget it by tomorrow.
I never got this posted after our family Christmas Eve party, so am just going to leave you with this picture of all my grandkids. They are a precious bunch and I love them so much and each one blesses me in their own way
Emmy, Drew, Madi
Lexi, Camy, Koby, Jack, Kyle, Cade
God is Good!!
Life is Good!!