Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day

The day really got away from me, but I  wanted to do a little tribute to all the men and women of our Armed Forces who have or are currently protecting and fighting for our freedom. 
Flying our American flag is one way of doing that. 
I have a little flag out, but no one can see it unless they are in my garden.
We used to always proudly fly the American Flag on our house.

I found some pictures on Pinterest  with flags, so thought I would share a few.




After a day of  hanging out with family today and getting some things done I have been working on, I went to a friends house for dinner to celebrate the birthday of our friend, Linda.  
We always joke that this is the longest decorating season of all.
I started putting out my Red, White and Blue this week for Memorial Day and as I add more, I will also be decorating for Flag Day, 4th of July and Labor Day before I start thinking about fall.

So even though I showed you pictures from Pinterest,  I will be taking some of my own soon.
I love red, white and blue, so I should have lots to share once I get started.

I hope you had a great day with family and friends.




God is Good!!
Life is Good!!



3 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

I love all the flags. So grateful to the men and women that have served our country and are still serving. I am still enjoying the rain right now. How about you? You getting any your way? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

luvtoquilt said...

I'm lookng forward to seeing your post about the flag. We were trying to figure out how to hang our large flag without putting holes in the siding of our house. Doug served in the Air Force and is fiercely patriotice, so we're still working on a good system for doing that.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Great Memorial Day post........love the idea of adding to the Red, White and Blue for the summer. Hubbs forgot to put our flag up this year.......he took it down during the winter when it was frozen in an odd shape, stiff as a BOARD!

Huggies,
Spencer