Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July


Hope you are enjoying a fun day with family and festivities or like the two of us are just enjoying a restful day doing just about nothing. I miss the kids, but we are making the most of it here at Puddingstone Lake.

Since I finished my tablerunner while we were in Las Vegas, I was excited to get it on the table in our trailer cottage.  These are the table and chairs I painted last year. They sit to  the left of the two chairs I showed you in the last post. (I call those blue chairs our Gandma/Grandpa chairs)

In order to finish my tablerunner for this 4th of July, I did a little hand work on the squares down the middle and on the inside border.
Then I stepped out of my comfort zone and machine quilted the rest.
I raided my storage room for all the fabrics. The biggest tub I have is filled with red, white and blue fabrics.
I could have decorated the whole RV Park where we are with my fabrics.
 Me being me had a few little things to set on the table, I stole from another area.
Mr. SS said he didn't think anyone in the whole park had their RV decorated like I do...and I have only begun.  There's over 300 units here today...I'm sure there are a few crazy ladies that could keep up with me.

Even though it is just the two of us, we have already had a traditional 4th BBQ with hot dogs, beans, potato salad and lots of yummy watermelon ( I ate so much watermelon while I was making dinner, I could hardly eat anything else)
Somehow it always seems the first watermelon of the season is the best.

We found a good spot on the road up to our spot to view the whole city below. We were told we could see fireworks from several places, so I'm looking forward to that. May have to take some popcorn and home made Chocolate chip cookies along...just in case we can stuff anything else down.

Internet has been a struggle here, but I will be back visiting you all soon.

Happy 4th of July to all my family and blogland friends/




God is Good!!
Life is Good!!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love your table runner especially the hand stitching. So pretty!

I doubt that I'm the only one that is confussed. Are you in the blue and white trailer now? What happened to the motor home? You have so many homes on wheels I can't keep up!

We're having the same 4th - just the two of us at the beach. We got together with friends last night and now have a long weekend here in Ventura.

Enjoy those cookies - yours are the best!

Susy said...

We're staying home by ourselves for the first time in 45 years! Actually our son walked over and ate dinner with is ~ but he's gone home. We can hear firecrackers going off, but no shows close by this year.

Your new runner is fantastic, and I bet hubby's right about your "cottage" being the most dolled up (: I've been looking for cushions and pillows for the wicker chairs at our cabin and I'm a-thinkin' I should have you make them for me. Let's discuss (: xo

Nancy B said...

Happy 4th to you, too! We had yummy potato salad and hot dogs also. We'll probably go out in the backyard and watch some of the fireworks from Stockdale Country Club in a few minutes. Your table runner is adorable!
Happy sewing!
Nancy

Creations By Cindy said...

Beverly, the table runner is so pretty! I love it!!!!! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

luvtoquilt said...

Our 4th was the same -- just the two of us. But our 8-year-old granddaughter arrives next week from Washington to spend a week with us. Yay!! I just can't wait. My daughter emailed pictures of their picnic -- Abby was wearing a heavy sweatshirt. I'm afraid our 100 degree weather is going to be a shock for her! Your table runner is beautiful. The quilting -- both hand and machine is perfect!

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Beverly, sending hugs..your table runner is beautiful, you do such wonderful handwork..how long will you be at Puddingstone? its really pretty there and not far from our old Claremont home..I have a Dr. appt in San Dimas on the 17th and Puddingstone is right off the road from my dr..or maybe Carl and I can take a drive down..let me know..I know Mr. SS is busy working but we would love to have you come out and visit us, too...we spent the 4th by ourselves, just another quiet day. we went to Applebee's and had ribs and got the Wednesday senior discount of 30% so we were jazzed.
hugs and love,
Barb