Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pinterest Try Thursday


Something I saw on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago. It has changed the way I make cookies. And believe me when I say, my family is happy about that change, because now I make more cookies.
Of course I can't find it now on my boards to give credit where credit is due, but will show you this little trick anyway.
Since I live in a RV small cottage, I have a small RV small cottage oven. I have to have a small cookie sheet and can only make 12 cookies at a time. I usually get 4 doz. cookies from a batch, so it takes me a long time to make cookies.

I found a mini muffin pan one day at one of my favorite places...Home Goods.
Even though I recently made Peanut Blossoms with my pan, I just hadn't thought about doing all my cookies that way until I read where a pinner said that if you do them this way you will never go back to flat cookies.

I can get them all done in two batches of 24 this way.
Besides the mini muffin pan you will need one more thing. This makes the whole thing mess free and fast.
Mine is the medium scoop from Pampered Chef.
One level scoop and I turn it over so the curved side goes into the pan. They just fit better that way.
 I just use my same cookie recipes and all have turned out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
They keep fresh longer and stay together better thrown in a bag. I also can stack them on a cake plate.
You can't see the muffin shape on the plate, but when I served them to Mr. SS the first time, he asked if I could make them like this all the time. Even though they were filled with chocolate chips he still wanted to know where the chocolate kiss was.That's my Mr. SS who could be called Mr. Sweetooth.

I had planned to have my Easter Mug Rug ready to show you because I got the inspiration for that from Pinterest too, but I still need to do some handwork and embellishment, so next week I'll have it ready and displayed in an Easter vignette.

What have you tried from Pinterest? If you post about it, come back and tell me so I can link up to your try.
So many ideas...so little time.



God is Good!!
Life is Good!!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

This is such a clever idea and perfect for you. I never make cookies anymore, but for you with all those kids so close, it's perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Stacey said...

Beverly, that sounds so delicious and they look prettier because they are all the same size. Do y'all grill outside alot? I think I would do that if I had limited space. I've never tried it but apparently you can bake cakes and everything on a grill. I'm sure you use a crockpot too...I don't remember what you've said. Here's a confession for ya..when I cook some things I don't like to smell them for 10 or 12 hours. We cook pinto beans in the crock pot sometimes and I plug it in on the patio because it takes so long. You could do that easily.

Creations By Cindy said...

Looks good! Hugs and blessings, Cindy