Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pinterest Try Thursday


I wasn't going to share this, but had second thougthts.  So far, everything I have tried from Pinterest has worked out pretty good. This one...not so good. No, it was good, but could have been better.
So...I decided to share and tell you what I would do to make it better.

I didn't post all the pictures, but if you go to the link, it will tell you to put chicken breasts in the bottom of crockpot, add a box of stove top stuffing mix dry and add chicken soup, sour cream and a little water on top.
Well, the chicken and stuffing was way too dry. Mr. SS really liked the flavor and idea because he loves stuffing. It seems the mixture on the top stayed on top and never allowed the rest to get the moisture.
I'm going to try it again and put more water or maybe milk into the top mixture so it will filter down and moisten the chicken and stuffing.
So, there you have it. Just being real here. Not everything you find on Pinterest works...the first time anyway.
 team-t-adventures.blogspot.com


Okay, the next try was a success.  I pinned this last Easter and planned to do it in wool for this year, but you know how that goes. It was already too late to get it done for this year and I liked the design so I decided to  make a rug mug using the basic ideas.
                          holiday-crafts-and-creations.com                            

Here's my quickie version using machine applique and my embroidery machine. (Which is really behaving itself these days)
 However, I just couldn't resist doing these sweet little flowers. I didn't have wool, but used felt.
I had so much fun doing this, that I am more than convinced I want to do the wool for next year. Maybe I should start now.  I love hand work and think the wool applique will be perfect for me.

I have to tell you, I panicked last night. My computer seemed to crash. I  have been needing to get it to the doctor and procrastinated...imagine that.
Anyway, this morning when I turned it on...just hoping, I guess, it said Windows had to do an update and would restart.
Whew!!! I guess that was what was going on. But I'm taking no chances. Off to the S.W.A.T. Team.
Don't know what that means, but they take good care of our computers.


Keep on trying Pinterest and I will too. Sometimes, it's not such a good thing, but there is so much to try.
Come back and tell me about it...even if it doesn't work and I'll post a link.

I attended Bernina Club at my favorite quilt shop this morning. Suzanne had lots of goodies for us and a fantastic "make and take" Check out her blog here to see some ideas she tried from Pinterest.

God is Good!!
Life is Good!!


P. S. I almost hit the publish button and noticed that I had written "Life is Goo".  Had to laugh as I was fixing it. You know, sometimes "Life is Goo" but one thing you can always count on.

GOD IS GOOD!!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

You made me laugh out loud this morning with that goo comment. Oh. My gosh, that little mug rug is adorable but I would KILL anyone who would drip coffee on it. SO CUTE!

Suzanne said...

PS: You can link my blog post later today. I did a Pinterest Try for Bernina Club that I will post later today (didn't want to spoil the surprise). = )

Nancy B said...

Oh, I loved your p.s. Great save!
Your mug rug is adorable. I'm glad I got to see it in person this a.m. And you, too, of course. There were so many beautiful things shared. I especially enjoyed your friend Diane's handiwork.

Happy Sewing!
Nancy

luvtoquilt said...

Thank you, Nancy -- how sweet! Beverly, always fun to see you at BC -- well worth the drive. Love your mug rug -- but I'm with Suzanne -- Heaven help the person who spills on it!

Annelies said...

Life is GOO....you crack me up!!! I made a Pintest meal today too, and it is so so. But Jim has a horrible cold ( I am sure the one I had last month) so his taste buds will make him think it is YUMMY (G)!!!!
I got your sweet gift in the mail. Girl, you are MUCH to darling. How blessed I am to have you as my friend. XXX

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.