Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's Her Birthday

The "baby" of our 10 grandchildren turned 4 a few days ago. We celebrated her birthday Sunday.
How can it be??
 
A few weeks ago, I made 3 little dresses for my friend, Suzanne @ my favorite quilt store to take to a quilt show. When Emmy saw me making them, she looked up at me with those big blue eyes and said "I know, those are for the other little girl" It just broke my heart that she thought I had time to make something for another little girl and not her.
 
So, I started thinking about what I could make her for her birthday. I usually make dresses, but decided  to do this cute top and pants.
 
The top is a Pam Kitty Picnic fabric with kitties on it. I knew she would love it.
 
I found some Minnie Mouse sunglasses and flip flops at Target to complete her outfit.
The minute she put those sunglasses and shoes on the "attitude" came on.
She started prancing around like a model on the runway.
Her big sister Drew helped me get some pictures of that attitude.

She had no trouble giving us just what we wanted.
 
Notice the hand on the hip.
 
Oh how we love our Emmy Lou!!
 
 
I have been the world's worst blogger lately.  So many ideas for posts run through my head, but time gets away and  another day...no post.
 
We are in Lake Tahoe with our good friends Dave and Gail Olds for a few days. I guess being in a hotel with no housework, laundry or sewing machine for an excuse, I had time for a little blog chatter.
We are driving around the lake tomorrow. It is clear and sunny and still some snow on the ground, so maybe I'll get some pictures for another post and maybe it won't take me another 2 months to post it.
Maybe.
 
 
God is Good!!
Life is Good!!


10 comments:

Suzanne said...

Emmy is a ham and oh, so cute. Love the outfit. It's so good to hear from you. Friends keep asking if you're okay. I just say ya, just busy. Thanks for taking time out to check in - we missed you. Say hi to Gail for me. Have fun and stay away from those penny slots! ha

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh Beverly the outfit is adorable and she is just a doll baby! Good to see you posting! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

luvtoquilt said...

As usual, you nailed it -- Emmy and her outfit are adorable! Why do they need to grow up so fast?Will miss seeing you next week at BC, but will be having a wild and crazy time with my quilting small group at the coast!

deb said...

the outfit...and the little blondie are ADORABLE!!!!! you inspire me!!!

Nancy B said...

So good to hear from you again! Emmy looks adorable. My youngest grandchild just turned 15! Yes, they grow up too fast. Have a wonderful time at Tahoe. Hope to see you at B-club next week.

Happy Sewing!
Nancy

Simple Home said...

Enjoy your time in Lake Tahoe. I haven't been there for years, but I do remember that it was beautiful. So is your granddaughter. I can't believe she's 4. Weren't you just blogging about her birth? Time flies :)
Hope you're well my friend.
Blessings,
Marcia

Stacey said...

Your grand daughter is precious! The outfit is too - love the fabrics you put together. She's an awfully cute little model. Enjoy your time away. Blogging will always be here. :)

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Beverly,
How are you?. Its been forever since I last visited. The darn house has kept me so busy. A belated happy birthday to you little one. I love her outfit!! you always create the cutest clothes for the kids.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Creations By Cindy said...

Sure have missed your blogging lady! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

PamKittyMorning said...

Gosh how did I miss this. I'm having a hard time keeping up with blogs lately. Adorable! That little granddaughter is super cute and the outfit on her, precious. Love the attitude. Super fun.