Friday, September 23, 2011

Morning Musings

Due to the expected 102 degree temps today, I decided to spend some time out doors early.
About 6:30 I headed out here with my coffee and kindle and camera (I've learned to always have my camera handy)
As I was reading, my son came out to feed the horse and clean the stall. The oldest two grands were out feeding chickens, turkeys and rabbits and preparing their show chickens for the trip to the fair grounds this morning. They show them on Sunday Morning.
The third came out to clean up after the dog. Mr. SS lovingly calls her the "pooper scooper"

Reading my kindle isn't happening.  The babies Emmy and Brooke come running down barefoot in the grass.
Jack with his plastic guitar wasn't far behind.
After they all finished their chores and left for the fairgrounds and school...
and Mom Olivia called the little ones to breakfast, I looked up
to see all the footprints in the grass.  I tried to capture them with my camera, but the dew was already starting to dry up.
 I couldn't help feeling, once more, how blessed I am to be here seeing 6 of my grandkids (and one of my kids)  start their day.

Then Mr. SS comes out the door with his lunch pail and coffee and heads off  for his day. He's remodeling bathrooms for a friend.  Once again, the Lord blessed us with work here at home so we can spend time with all of our family and friends.
Could this girl...Wife...Mom...Mamaw... be any more blessed? I don't think so.

Wishing you a great weekend.
Ours includes football tonight, soccer in the morning, dinner and dominoes with friends Saturday evening, Fairground Sunday morning and baseball in the afternoon, and maybe a visit from a very special out of town friend.
What are you doing?



God is Good!!
Life is Good!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. Today I did some light housekeeping chores, some laundry, and after a short rest I'm planning to do a little quilting on the longarm. I feel lucky that it's only in the 60s and not 100 degrees. Wishing you a great weekend.

Nancy B said...

Hi, Beverly. Guess what? After 12 years, my name was drawn at Bernina Club yesterday. Yippee! I was thrilled to say the least. Now I have to decide how to "spend" my prize. Have fun at the fair.

Linda said...

You certainly are blessed to be with all those wee ones! Not as hot here...but Fall is around the corner I think. Have a great day!!

Patty Marker said...

What a busy weekend you have in store. It all sounds wonderful, though. You are so right, God is good. Enjoy, Patty

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

I LOVE this post! you just touched my heart! You are blessed.. and I love that picture of those little feet running through that dew. And those kids are blessed too.. I grew up with my mamaw and she has been gone for 10 years and I thank God daily for having her in my life! Have a great weekend! Mechelle

deb said...

sounds like bliss to me!!!!!!!!