Wednesday, July 11, 2012

On the Move Again

Yesterday, Mr. SS said we've got "orders" to move to another job. He very sheepishly said he hated to tell me we have to move on to Adelanto.  Adelanto is in the middle of the desert and hot, hot, hot.  Not nearly the green oasis we were currently calling home.
I reminded him...
In fact I reminded him that three days before we were married when he signed his pro baseball contract, that I would follow him anywhere as long as I had a pool and a Kmart (now that would be a Walmart) and I not longer spend my days sunbathing in a pool.

So, here we are and I have already finished a couple of projects to show you.
The good thing is that it is too hot to go outside, so...I sew.
My sweet friend, Annelies sent me a pattern for this towel that she picked up in her travels.  Of course I used my favorite (still) Pam Kitty Morning fabrics.

I mentiond to Mr. SS that I got the trailer a little crooked. He said that's okay, he has trouble getting the trailer level sometimes too. (and he does)


I also got a pillowcase done for my Cade's 8th birthday. All my grandkids have Minkee pillowcases, but he reeeeally loves his and has worn it out. He made the All Star team, so instead of his name I embroidered All Star. The tournament is this weekend. We will be going home to see it and celebrate his birthday.

I have a post ready to show you my trailer cottage kitchen remodel and my new curtain, but we are having so much internet trouble. I can only download a couple of pictures at a time.  I took a lot of pictures, so I'm working on it.
Have to turn the computer off and start over after 2 or three pictures.
I may have to wait until the weekend to load from my PC at home.
Until then...



God is Good!!
Life is Good!!
 

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Aww Beverly, this is the sweetest post! You have the most loving heart for your dear husband. Not many women would follow their man to the desert in July for (heaven sake!)!!

Your towels are so cute and will be perfect in your new home. Stay cool and safe travels home for the party and big game.

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh gosh, that's so cute!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Ha-ha! I got a chuckle from the uneven trailer. Cute! Just think of this all as a wonderful adventure. Change is good. Now that I'm back home after vacation I am in a true funk because it is tooooooooooo hot to go outside; my plants suffered greatly. I've been catching up on blog reading -- and finding much inspiration. Maybe too much as I'm not sure what I want to do. So I sit! :) Happy sewing to you. Happy birthday to Cade. Best wishes, Tammy

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe... bless your heart! Remind your sweet man that you are being obedient to "Whether thou goest I will go"....LOL! Love your little sewing projects. Do you have a embroidery machine too???? Girl, you are good! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Susy said...

Beverly ~ that towel is too cute! That one needs to go on the market girl. You could create a whole line of travel trailer goods.

I agree that it's so sweet for you to travel with Mr. Sweet. My husband would be leavin' me at home!

Hugs xo
P.S. I sure hope you have a/c

Nancy B said...

My thoughts exactly. Sure hope you have a/c in your little b/w trailer!Hopefully, it will be a little cooler tomorrow for the big game. Does he play out at the new fields on Jewetta or in Tehachapi? Love the little towel. Mind if I use the idea? My son has a 5th-wheel and I'm thinking Christmas gifts...I don't need the pattern just the idea. So cute! I recently discovered two of my husband's former teaching buddies sew at SP on Fridays. I may go down there and sew a bit with them this afternoon. Have a fun week end.

Looking forward to more pictures,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that tea towel with the uneven trailer is the cutest thing I've ever seen! It's so perfect...and the way it's un-level like the trailer itself...just too charming! Uncle Dennis has made the inside of an ordinary tailer look like a real home. He's very talented (just like you). It's absolutely amazing what the two of you can do.